Friday, December 23, 2011

Another Spontaneous Blog Post

So, yes, once again, I have been lackadaisical (new word of the day!) in regards to updating my blog. I guess the lack of vitamin D from short days (the sun sets at four o'clock in the afternoon, if we see it at all!), and not listening to enough summery tunes due to the weather patterns conflicting with what my body is used to, is causing me to go a little crazy. I am remedying the music part with Left or Right (I miss seeing those guys playing so much, check them out if you want awesome dub/blues/reggae/hard rock goodness), Manu Chao, Bob Marley, Massive Attack, Erykah Badu, Amy Winehouse, and Alice in Chains (as always).

But anyway, since my last blog post, I got my hair cut. In Japan. The procedure was not as scary as one may imagine (thanks to my friend Kana helping me with explaining what I wanted); in fact, there were little differences that resulted in my hair looking, I dare say, cute as hell.


Of course, upon washing my hair, all cuteness disappeared down the drain, but my hair is still in relatively good condition. I must invest in hair curlers sometime. How did he make the curls in my hair so damn cute?! I can't help but wonder!

Also, I got to experience the amazingness that is Sapporo's version of the Munich Christmas Market, and glühwein (hot wine, or mulled wine). The perfect drink for a cold winter's day. For my friend Sebastian, the experience was so amazing he and I went at least twice. Because German Christmas festivals are magical.


Also, I got to see a real love hotel. Of course, because of my current (permanent) cat-lady status, I didn't go with a lad for some alone time: I went with my Law and Legal Process Class, which is an awesome class, by the way.

The wonderful about these windows: you can see out, but people on the beach can't see you doing things.............ahem.

This particular love hotel, Hotel Luna Coast, is an example of one of the more nicer looking hotels. If it wasn't for the slot machine in the cupboard, or the sex toy vending machine, you'd assume it was a regular, decent, hotel.

That is exactly what it is. No, nobody tried to purchase anything.

Most of the class found the field trip insightful, awkward, hilarious, and rather fascinating.

And now, Christmas is approaching, so of course, the Japanese are getting into the spirit by playing Christmas carols everywhere, decorating shops and train stations, even putting up a Christmas tree with lights outside the cafeteria.

To me, the experience of a white Christmas is both exhilarating and terrifying. My brain is still programmed to associate Christmas with summer and a day spent with the family and our strange yet wonderful Christmas traditions, whereas this year, it'll be snowstorms and sitting in my room staring at the wall in sheer terror when I realise it's my first Christmas away from my family and familiar surroundings. Eeeep!! The fact that I had to postpone my trip to Tokyo (major sad panda ;_;), hearing the news of more earthquakes in Christchurch, AND the fact that the last week was not the best week I could've had (thank you, Doctor Who, for keeping me sane during that time, I will love you forever and ever) doesn't really ease my troubled mind. It's a terrifying experience, but hopefully, New Years will restore my good spirits, and the coming year will bring more new experiences and good fortune.

So, if I fall back into my lack-a-dai-si-cal ways, I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a bright start to the New Year.

Also, um, relax, 2012 will not bring the end of the world and stuffs.

Until next time...
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment