Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Song of the Day: Post 第一

In the days where we fear that music has long ago reached its high point and is now descending into a mess of trashy pop and uninspiring sounds that I dread to call songs (save for a select few), it is relieving to find music that shows there is still such a thing as raw talent and original songwriting in the industry today.
This is a song by Australian-Belgian singer Gotye, featuring New Zealand born singer Kimbra (now based in Australia), called 'Somebody That I Used To Know'. It's my song of the day simply because it's such a beautiful yet sad song, and both artists are incredibly talented, and I can't stop listening to it. It's the kind of music that we need more of in times like these. Also, it brings a bit of Antipodean sentiment to me here in Japan.


Until next time...
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment