Thursday, October 20, 2011

Rugby World Cup 2011

Those who know me well enough are aware that, usually, I really couldn't care less about rugby. Yes, I come from a country who takes pride in having one of the best teams in the world, yes, myriad people in said country are proud supporters, but, as for me:


However, this weekend, my apathetic side shall be giving way to some unimaginable being dressed in black and screaming at the TV. Why? Because this weekend is the grand final of the 2011 Rugby World Cup. New Zealand versus France.
Part of the reason why I have had a change of heart may be because it's the first time since 1995 that the All Blacks have made the finals, and 25 years since we won the Webb Ellis trophy. It may be because being away from New Zealand has made me have a change of heart and develop understanding and respect for the achievements made by our most well known sporting team. It may be because being away from everyone means I don't have to hide my shameful excitement.

Or it may be because I want to laugh at the reactions of the French guys in my dorm when the All Blacks defeat France.

Meh.

It may be a mix of those reasons, but I believe once the tournament is over, my apathy shall return and I can go on with the rest of my life. Unless a French victory causes unimaginable riots back home and I can't return ever. Maybe. We shall see.

Also, go the All Blacks and what not! (^^)v

Until next time...
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment